Intro to link-lists:
Duzzn.com features member-submitted lists of 6-12 web links. Members create the lists using the best links they can find about each particular subject.
Visitors can browse link-lists, perform keyword searches, view entire categories and visit list archives and profiles for individual members.
Visitor are encouraged to post ratings by voting at the bottom of each list. The best rated lists are rewarded by being displayed on the front page. The worst rated lists are periodically deleted to keep content interesting and relevant. Visitors also are asked to anonymously report any abuse or report broken links they see.
Anyone is allowed to post a comment at the bottom of a list. Comments can be used to give feedback, disagree with a link or to display the URL of a list they’ve posted in response. Sometimes list authors might ask in the list description for suggestions to complete an unfinished list. Comments go live instantly, and therefore visitors are asked to report abuse anonymously.
Registering is required to be able to post link-lists. The top 12 posters are displayed on the home page. Membership is free, and it takes just a few minutes to be up and running. To join, click the ‘Sign Up’ link on the top right of any page. Please take time to read the Term of Service. Members get their own profile page and an archive page for all the lists they’ve posted.
Social Landing Page:
Another added bonus of becoming a member is the ‘My Personal Links’ category on profile pages. Each member is given fields for up to 12 personal links. This profile URL creates a perfect ‘landing page’ to conveniently share all their social networking sites in one place. Members can pass this URL out so friends can easily find all their social networking pages.
Posting a new link-list is easy. Members can simply click the ‘Submit a List’ button at the top right of any page, fill out the form and submit. Lists can easily be edited or deleted later by the author. Lists go live instantly, so there is no waiting. Thumbnail images of sites are automatically generated. More ways to share…
- After signing up, your profile can be viewed by clicking your username at the top right of any page.
- View other member profiles by clicking their username under the title of a list they’ve submitted.
- View a list archive of an individual member by clicking the ‘View all my submitted lists’ link at the top of their profile.
- Members can view random profiles and random lists in the ‘Visit’ pulldown at the top right of any page.
- To post more than 12 links for a subject, consider making a double list: create 2 lists and set link 12 on the first list to point to the second list (numbering on the second list will still be 1-12).
- Can’t think of 12 links? Post a list with at least 6, then ask for help from visitors in your list description. Check back often to view suggestions in your list’s comments.
- Note: If you are seeing a thumbnail in your list that says "Invalid Domain", but you know the link is working, contact us so we can ask our service provider to reset the image.
Optimizing Lists for Search Engines:
- Choose keywords (tags) carefully. It is usually better to have 2-6 good keywords/phrases than to have too many - try to use less than 10.
- Use the main keyword/phrase once in the title and description. Also use in some, but not all, of your link descriptions. Try not to repeat or over use - you can be penalized for this.
- The title is the most important information for search engines. Keep it short and make sure it represents the subject of your list.
- Write your description so it reads smoothly - like you are talking to someone. Keep it short, around 1-2 sentences and less than 190 characters. Don’t try to over stuff it with keywords.
- Make sure your link titles accurately represent the main subject of your list.
Best <TV Show> Clips
Best <Genre> Movies
Craziest Motorcycle Stunts
Worst Motorcycle Wrecks
Most Awesome Cars
Worst Car Crashes
Worst Skateboard Wipeouts
Best Skateboard Tricks
Best Basketball Shots
Funniest Saturday Night Live Skits
Funniest Parody Song Videos
Best Sesame Street Videos
Best Home Improvement Sites
Greatest Timewaster Sites
Coolest Oddee Pages
Cutest Animals on Cute Overload
Best Shopping Sites
Best Free Mac Software
Best Computer Utility Sites
Best PC Game Sites
Best PC Games
Best Flash Game Sites
Best Flash Games
Best Photoshop Tutorials
Top Photography Sites
Most Amazing Photographs
Funniest Darwin Award Stories
Best Sites for Kids
Cutest Baby Pictures
Best Political Blogs - Conservative
Best Political Blogs - Liberal
Top News Stories for the Week
Weirdest News Stories for the Week
Best Graphic Design Sites
Best Business News Sites
Essential WordPress plugins you can’t do without
Best CSS design tutorial sites
Coolest Social Networking utility sites
Best iPhone sites
Best Free Font sites
Best sites for color design
Best Clip art and stock photo sites
Best sites for vintage Mac owners
Funniest Mock web sites